it's sad how much you really grow to miss having someone to love.
a lot has happened, but that's all i really feel like taking the time to say right now. and also. this is the first image that will appear if you take the time to do an image search for "love" on google. how depressing.
this feels strange to type but whatever. I saw your comment on Jason Mraz's blog re: obama and partial birth abortions. You don't have e-mail so I'm commenting here.
I'm not saying that partial birth abortions isn't taking a life cause it is. But the thing is they are very rarely done, period, and they are rarely done in circumstances in which the health of the mother isn't in jeopardy, the baby is either dead or determined not to be viable (i.e. missing a brain).
http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_pba1.htm
In Nicaragua, where all abortions are banned since 1996 women are literally dying:
The reality is that 2-3000 partial birth abortions occur in a year, and the vast majority of those are for health reasons. Is it perhaps abused sometimes? Yes. But those abuses are an anomoly.
I'm not saying that you should view D&C (which is the medical term) abortions as ok. We all have our consciences to answer to. What I am hoping is that you recognize the subtelty of the issue and realize that two people can have the same opinion (a baby's life is sacred, for example) and come out on opposite ends of this discussion (so is the mother's life, for example, and a ban on D&C's coud lead to babies AND mothers dying).
1 comment:
hi,
this feels strange to type but whatever. I saw your comment on Jason Mraz's blog re: obama and partial birth abortions. You don't have e-mail so I'm commenting here.
I'm not saying that partial birth abortions isn't taking a life cause it is. But the thing is they are very rarely done, period, and they are rarely done in circumstances in which the health of the mother isn't in jeopardy, the baby is either dead or determined not to be viable (i.e. missing a brain).
http://www.religioustolerance.org/abo_pba1.htm
In Nicaragua, where all abortions are banned since 1996 women are literally dying:
http://hrw.org/reports/2007/nicaragua1007/3.htm#_Toc178672134
The reality is that 2-3000 partial birth abortions occur in a year, and the vast majority of those are for health reasons. Is it perhaps abused sometimes? Yes. But those abuses are an anomoly.
I'm not saying that you should view D&C (which is the medical term) abortions as ok. We all have our consciences to answer to. What I am hoping is that you recognize the subtelty of the issue and realize that two people can have the same opinion (a baby's life is sacred, for example) and come out on opposite ends of this discussion (so is the mother's life, for example, and a ban on D&C's coud lead to babies AND mothers dying).
Post a Comment